This feature is intended to be used for phones that won’t turn on, freeze on logo, etc., but still can enter fastboot mode. It's not intended for regular reflashing.
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode (vol- power ON) to PC
- Select corresponding update.app firmware file and revive the device with Smart-Clip2
- When the phone starts up normally, reflash it in UPGRADE mode using the corresponding to it flash file
It's possible to flash Huawei Factory flash files via fastboot mode. This feature is applicable only for flashing Factory Firmware files in FastBoot mode (NOT for factory fastboot and not for HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 cases).
- Set the phone to fastboot mode
- Select Factory Flash File
- Tick the box “Authorize”
- Flash the Factory Flash File
- Full/partial write of firmware partitions
- FAST direct firmware write via fastboot mode
- Flash of regular update.app files to devices with locked bootloader
- Possible to use original flash files from open sources, e.g. from here or here
- SD-card should be removed from the phone
- Press vol+vol- and connect USB cable to enter the Upgrade mode
- Open HiSilicon tab and go to Flash bookmark
- Select PCUI or DBA adapter port (different phone models show different ports) in the port selection tab
- Select required update.app flash file (1)
- If the phone is new, the drop-down menu (2) with localization/customization files will appear (as shown on this screen shot). Select the 2nd file in that drop-down menu.
Note! Chosen file must be in the folder and unpacked.
- Press “write flash”
Important: all partitions of the firmware will be written to the phone in Upgrade mode.
New smartphone models have two flash files: main flash file and localization file. These two files should be flashed together.
Use this guide only for cases, when phone is bricked and doesn’t show any devices while connected to PC, or shows HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 device (VID12D1 PID3609).
- Drivers for device HUAWEI USB COM 1.0
- Factory flash files: boot-loader.com -> Downloads -> Sigma -> Huawei -> Factory Flash files
- Please, don’t use Factory Flash files for flashing via fastboot mode
- Device has to be set to FACTORY mode. It should be detected as HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 in the System. In some cases Testpoint has to be used to force the device to FACTORY mode.
- Repair the device using Board Software file (*.skf format) taken from boot-loader flash file area.
After choosing the file, you may either manually select partitions to write, or select one of 4 available profiles:
- Don't flash: nothing will be flashed to the device. Just fastboot is loaded into RAM
- Only FastBoot: flash only fastboot partitions
- Partial flashing: main partitions will be flashed
- Full flashing: all partitions from the board software will be flashed
Warning: when selecting Full flashing mode, you may additionally select factory calibrations areas. But keep in mind that after flashing factory areas, phone’s network and other functions may become unavailable! Also, you may manually select another Kirin bootloader for factory firmware flashing from the Autodetect drop-down menu.
- Reflash the phone using original update.app file in FASTBOOT mode (vol- and insert USB cable)
- Repair Vendor/Country, IMEI and other numbers
- Reflash the phone now in UPGRADE MODE using original update.app file (vol+vol- and insert USB cable)
How to repair your phone if there is no factory flash for your exact platform:
- Select flash for other platform, but based on the same CPU (for example, factory flash file for EVA-AL10, EVA-L29… can be selected for EVA-L09)
- Select profile “Don't flash” and flash the phone.
Bootloader will be downloaded, but nothing will be flashed.
- Then use FLASH via fastboot mode and flash the update.app file that suits your phone’s platform
- Repair Vendor/Coutry; IMEI and other numbers
- To finalize repair operation flash your phone via UPGRADE MODE
This feature can be used to adjust phone settings correctly after the device has been flashed with another firmware service provider version. The feature can be found in Hisilicon tab - IMEI Bookmark.
- Tick “+Huawei”
- Fill in the fields "Vendor" and "Country" with the correct data
- Press "Repair" button
IMPORTANT: Reflash the phone after changing provider settings!